Wolftank Adisa has recently launched its liquid sensor-based leak detection technology. It is a contamination monitoring and detection system especially designed to detect the presence of hydrocarbons in secondary containments as well as in monitoring wells. By connecting the alarms remotely, an immediate emergency response can be provided to avoid it. And in case this is not possible, it minimizes the damage to the environment and the loss of product thanks to its immediate reaction.
With a simple performance, as soon as the sensors detect any hydrocarbons, they give an alarm through the emitter in the control unit. Afterwards, the control unit forwards this signal to a centralized alarm system and/or to a nominated phone number or email address. Additionally, a 24/7 access to a customized web interface is available too.
But what does the physiochemical reaction sensor technology consist of?
Basically, its key aspects are:
- A component disintegrates in the presence of hydrocarbons (replaceable cartridge)
- It does not send false alarms
- It does not require maintenance
- Different configuration for different applications is possible
- Low cost
- Compliant to EN 13160-4:2016 and EN13160-6:2016
And what does this wireless communication technology EX zone 1 certified provides?
- An easy installation with no civil work
- Continuous monitoring 24/7
- Real time alarm
- Up to 3 repeaters to extend the signal
Remote or local control units
- It allows to obtain information of thousands of sites without leaving the office
- Remote configuration
- Local alarm sound and light
- Modular (local + modem = remote)
- Web access for continuous monitoring
- Control up to 64 units
In summary, Wolftank Adisa’s contamination monitoring and detection system has further advantages. On the one hand, it is essential the environmental protection and immediate emergency response time in case of a leakage or spillage. On the second hand, also the long distances which can be bypassed is essential. Undoubtedly, this makes it an ideal choice for tank refineries, tank farms, solar plants or gas stations with centralized monitoring.
But how could we manage a liquid sensor-based leak detection equipped gas station? The answer is very easy:
Monitoring wells: controlling possible leaks affecting groundwater
Manholes: where leakages usually happen during the charging operation
Dispenser buckets: control possible spills. The sensor is designed to float on the groundwater level and as soon as it detects the presence of hydrocarbons, it immediately sends an alarm signal to the control unit via the transmitter or any repeaters.
The emitter is screwed in the monitoring well cap and then connected to the sensor that is floating in the groundwater with its replaceable cartridge. Out of the well and close to it the RF Repeater, it is installed to help the signal reach longer distances.
In addition, Wolftank Adisa is providing analysis and advice on how many sensors, transmitters, repeater or emitters are necessary to bypass the required distance and reach the best signal quality. The smart sensor leak detection technology has no limits on sensors, transmitters or repeaters. They can be installed and, therefore, a 99.9% uptime with no signal loss over long distances or in difficult environment can be easily reached.
What can this system detect?
- Spill of primary containment leading to the presence of hydrocarbons in secondary containment (storage liquid)
- Water presence in secondary containment, i.e., in the sump
- Spill to the ground with hydrocarbons detected in monitoring wells
Some examples of monitoring areas
This innovative solution is applicable in many different kind of sectors. Just as an example:
Application in tank farms and industrial sites:
- Interstice between 2 floors of double floor storage tanks
- Containment basins
- Basement of storage tanks according to EEMUA183
- Soil below tanks
Application in gas stations:
- Interstice of double wall tanks and pipework
- Soil and ground water below tanks, pipes and dispensers in monitoring wells
Moreover, relating to gas station monitoring, Wolftank Spanish team also provides a complete tool for it, EcoManager, which includes this innovative contamination monitoring and detection system.
For more information about the SST contamination monitoring and detection system, please click here.
You can download the product presentation, by clicking here.